If you’re having luxury vinyl floors installed, consider the following in advance to help make the process go smoothly.
- We may need to remove doors, so don’t leave anything hanging on any doors
- Ensure that your pets are off-site or kept locked in a safe area to keep them from danger.
- Be prepared for your installation to stir up dust.
Knowing what to expect from your luxury vinyl installation can go a long way toward helping your job go smoothly & ensuring a satisfying result. Prepare by reviewing this brief checklist before your Georgia Flooring installers arrive.
- We’ll determine in advance how to handle the removal & disposal of your existing floors. You can minimize dust by vacuuming your old carpet before it’s removed.
- We’ll also determine in advance how your furniture will be moved. You should remove any fragile items, draperies, wall hangings & the contents of any closets as part of this process.
- Know that luxury vinyl should, in general, run parallel to windows or to the longest wall in a narrow room. We’ll follow this general rule by default barring unusual circumstances, but we’ll always ultimately align with your design preferences.
- We’ll measure your door clearances to determine if your new luxury vinyl floors will be thicker than your existing floor, and whether this will cause your door bottoms to rub. If so, we may need to have your doors shaved down to allow damage-free clearance.
- If you’re planning to repaint your room or remodel any other aspects of your room, do so before new luxury vinyl flooring is installed. This will help to prevent drips & other damage to your floors.
With proper installation, your new luxury vinyl floor will look good now & for many years to come. Our team will consider the following.
- Your current flooring. Luxury vinyl can be installed directly over some existing floors, but others will need to be removed first. We’ll then ensure that the subfloor is level & smooth.
- Moisture testing. Our installers will check for moisture in the subfloor to prevent later problems with buckling or cupping.
- Room shape. Challenges caused by room irregularities, odd or tight spaces, cabinetry or a kitchen island will all be addressed individually by our experienced professionals.
Check with our team to find out if there are other actions we recommend before installation.