How to Protect
Your everyday hardwood care & maintenance routine should include sweeping, vacuuming, or dry mopping. Consult your manufacturer’s care guidelines & list of approved vacuum cleaners, cleaning solutions & more to ensure you adhere to your warranty requirements.
- Use door mats & area rugs
- Encourage family & guests to remove outdoor shoes with a shoe rack
- Frequently trim your pets’ nails to prevent scratching
- Remove high heels and heavy boots before walking across the floor.
- Use a humidifier during the dry season & run a dehumidifier for inclement weather.
- Layered looks are in, and area rugs add not only style, but protection for your floors!
Spill & Stain Removal
Accidental spills are a part of life, and safe stain removal is key to maintaining the integrity of your hardwood floors. Most common spills can be wiped away quickly using a clean, dry cloth, especially on hardwood floors with stain-resistant finish. Because hardwood floors are not waterproof, you should always tend to liquid spills immediately. For spills & stains that don’t wipe away easily, consult your manufacturer’s guidelines for proper care.