If you’re having new carpeting installed in your current home, take the following steps to ensure that the job goes smoothly.
- We may need to remove doors, so remove any door hangings you may have.
- Ensure that your pets & children are able to be kept off-site or secured in a safe area to keep them from danger.
- Know that your installation is likely to stir up dust.
To ensure a smooth & satisfying installation, know what to expect before our team arrives. You can review this brief checklist to get a sense of how the process will happen.
- We’ll determine in advance how to handle the removal & disposal of your existing floors. Minimize dust by vacuuming your old carpet before it’s removed.
- We’ll also determine in advance how your furniture will be moved. You should remove any fragile items, draperies, wall hangings & the contents of any closets as part of this process.
- We’ll measure your door clearances to determine if your new carpeting will be thicker than your existing floor, and whether this will cause your door bottoms to rub. If so, we may need to have your doors shaved down to allow damage-free clearance.
- If you’re planning to repaint your room or remodel any other aspects of your room, do so before new carpet is installed. This will help to prevent drips & other damage to your carpet.
With proper installation, your new carpet will look good now & for many years to come. Our team will take the following steps:
- Prepare the surface to make sure it is clean, dry, and level.
- Put up tack strips & lay carpet pad.
- Line up seams, which is simpler for solid carpet & more complex for patterns.
- Stretch the carpet, a work-intensive step that requires our professionals to carefully comply with industry standards.
Check with our team to find out if there are other actions we recommend before installation.